RENA logo
Serving 231 homes in Fort Washington, Maryland

Join the association.

Download membership information and membership form


Join Online



General Membership Meetings

  • Nov. 19, 2018


Meetings are at 7:00 pm at the Fort Foote Recreation Center


Join RENA or Renew Your Membership

Riverbend Estates Neighborhood Association (formerly the Riverbend Estates Homeowners Association) purpose is to distribute information to all residents, provide a forum to discuss issues affecting the community and its residents, and to act as a collective voice for its members.

The annual membership fee is $25 per household and can be paid with PayPal, credit card, or debit card.

Payment is secure payment through PayPal, but you do not have to have a PayPal account to pay with credit card or debit card.

Pay with credit card or debit card

If you had rather pay with check or money order, see Membership Info and Form.

COPS Officer for J4 (our beat) is Corporal Valerio

Emergencies: 9111
Non-Emergencies: (301)352-12000
Information/Report/Request for Service::
County Click or 3111

New red light camera at Oxon Hill Road and Fort Foote Road North

You MUST STOP before the white line for a red light before making a right turn..
Learn more att

What to do when it snows

When a snow emergency is declared, the Prince George?s County Department of Public Works and Transportation (DPW&T) is responsible for providing "passable" conditions on a network of over 1,800 miles of county-maintained roadways to ensure the safety of residents, citizens, and travelers..

Routes are prioritized for service into categories: primary, secondary and residential. Primary and secondary roads are serviced first to ensure that public safety and other emergency vehicles can travel..

After completion of these roads, residential roads receive service. Crews work as long as necessary to clear roadways, which consists of salting, sanding and/or plowing, as warranted by weather conditions..

Snow plows need at least 15 feet of clearance to maneuver safely. To assist crews, citizens and residents are requested to::
  • Move and keep vehicles off snow emergency routess
  • Park in driveways or other off-road locations wherever possiblee
  • Park only on the EVEN NUMBERED sides of roads/streets
It also is important for single-family homeowners or renters and business proprietors to remember that they are responsible for::
  • Removal of snow/ice from sidewalks abutting their homes or businesses
During a snow and ice event, residents and citizens are encouraged to wait 12 hours after the precipitation has stopped to call the Snow Information Center at 301.350.0500 or CountyClick 3-1-1 to report emergencies or concerns about roadway conditions..

Fallen Trees

If you have a fallen tree blocking a roadway, please phone 311 or notifyy County Clickk.

Will insurance cover damage from fallen trees and removal of fallen trees??

According to the Maryland Insurance Administration web page ""If a Tree Falls on Your Propertyy"::

At one time or another, just about every homeowner or someone the homeowner knows has had a tree fall due to wind, a storm or winter weather. The question that everyone wants to know is, will my homeowners insurance pay for the damage??

The answer is that it depends on the terms of your policy. Each homeowner should look at their homeowners policy or talk with a representative from their insurance company to find out what the policy specifically covers and doesn‚ī cover. Homeowners should also be sure to know what the policy deductible is, and any dollar limits on the amount of damage the policy will cover. Although the terms of your actual policy will determine if the damage you have incurred is covered, generally many homeowners policies will::

  • provide coverage for damage to your home and the contents of your home if a tree (even if it is your neighbor‚≥ tree) falls on your home or other insured structure, such as a fence or a detached garage . . ..

Removal and Disposal of Tree Debris

The recent storms have raised many questions about tree damage, tree debris and removal of all that debris..

  • If the tree is down within the public right-of-way, we should call 311 and report the location so the county can clear the right-of-way..
  • If the downed tree is within the public right-of-way (county curb box) and is a county tree, call 311 and report the location and the county (probably DPW&T) will remove the tree..
  • If the tree is on private property, it is the responsibility of the property owner to remove it (whether it is your tree or not) and dispose of it..

Now, HOW to dispose of it is the major issue! Please do NOT dump it on another property owner..

The county does NOT accept logs at any facility. Therefore, the private contractor should ensure the debris can be picked up by the yard waste collection our community has on Wednesdays. That means::

  • Yard trim must be placed in heavy-duty paper bags or re-usable trash cans with handles and a secure lid.  Cardboard boxes are not acceptable containers Cans must be clearly marked YARD WASTE / YARD TRIM for collection..
  • Limbs collected curbside must not exceed four (4) feet in length and three (3) inches in diameter and must be securely tied in bundles. Bundles of limbs and bags of dry grass and leaves must weigh less than 60 pounds. Wet grass and leaves must weigh less than 25 pounds..

As far as logs are concerned, the county's Yard Waste Composting Facility, Yard Waste Collection Section, the Brown Station Road Landfill site all provided the same information. Logs should be taken by the private contractor to a site that splits them and then sells them for fire wood..

If anyone has any further information which they can share, please send it too RENABoard@gmail.comm. We want to be as accurate as we can be and to provide the best information we can to the community..

Public Transportation in Prince George's County

Prince George's County has manyy options for public transportationn:

  • Metrobus
  • Metroraill
  • MetroAcesss- MetroAccess is a shared ride transportation service for people who are unable to use fixed-route public transit due to disability. "Shared ride" means that multiple passengers may ride together in the same vehicle. The service provides daily trips throughout the Washington Metropolitan region, including the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. Rides are offered in the same service areas and during the same hours of operation as Metrorail and Metrobus..
  • TheBus- Bus service within Prince George's Couny. Senior and disabled customers ride TheBus for FREE..
  • Call-A-Bus  - Call-A-Bus is a demand response curb-to-curb service. Service is available to all residents of Prince George‚≥ County who are not served by or cannot use existing bus or rail services. However, priority is given to senior and disabled persons..
  • Park and Ride- Prince George's County has 15 free park and ride fringe parking lots conveniently located throughout the County..
  • Commuter Connection- Prince George's County Commuter Connections is a free carpool/vanpool match service available to persons living and/or working in the County..
  • Central Maryland Regional Transit- Central Maryland Regional Transit (CMRT)  a general public transportation service providing fixed route service in the greater Laurel area..
  • Call-A-Cab- Call-A-Cab is a transportation assistance program that provides mobility at a reduced cost for senior (age 60 and over) and/or disabled County residents..
  • MARC- MARC is a 187-mile commuter rail system that provides daily service through Prince George's County to Baltimore and Washington, D.C..

Let's Keep Our Neighborhood Cleann

Do you have bulky items to dispose of?

Contact Bulky Trash for removal

Do you need a recycle bin?

Request a recycle bin

Checklist for Property Maintenancee

View the Checklist for Property Maintenance

Do you an issue with a neighbor who might be in violation of county zoning or property standards?  

If you have an issue, then please send it too

The County's Department of Department of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement (DPIE) has asked that our community have a single point of contact for community issues. Issues sent too will be consolidated and forwarded to DPIE..

Is there a street light out in your neighborhood?

  • For Pepco lights,, click here to report a street light outage online or call 1-877-PEPCO62 (1-877-737-2662)..
  • For more information regarding the street light maintenance and installation program in Prince George's Countyy click here..

Safety Tips

If You Are Shopping::

  • Stay alert and be aware of what's going on around you..

  • Park in a well-lighted space, and be sure to lock the car, close the windows and hide shopping bags and gifts in the trunkk
  • Avoid carrying large amounts of cash; pay with a check or credit card whenever possible..
  • Carry only your car key on the key ring used to open and drive the car. If your car is hijacked, they only have the key to your car and not your home..
  • Deter pickpockets and purse-snatchers. Don't overburden yourself with packages. Be extra careful with purses and wallets. Carry a purse close to your body, not dangling by the straps. Put a wallet in an inside coat or front pants pocket..
  • Try not to shop alone. Ask a friend or neighbor to join you..
  • Shopping with kids? Teach them to go to a store clerk or security guard if you get separated..

If You Are Out for the Evening::

  • Turn on lights and a radio or TV so it looks like (and sounds like) someone is home..
  • Be extra cautious about locking doors and windows when you leave, even if it's just for a few minutes..

If You Are Traveling::

  • Get an automatic timer for your lights..
  • Ask a neighbor to watch your home and to park in your driveway from time to time. Leave a phone number where you can be reached in case of an emergency..
  • Don't forget to have mail and newspaper delivery stopped or picked up by a neighbor. If it piles up, it's a sure sign you are gone.Don't forget to have mail and newspaper delivery stopped or picked up by a neighbor. If it piles up, it's a sure sign you are gone.

Riverbend Estates Neighborhood Association
P.O. Box 441673
Fort Washington, Maryland 20749-1673